2006 Meeting at Sonoma :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
The 50th Annual Meeting, July 9-14, 2006, at Sonoma State U., Rohnert Park, CA 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
2005/03/16 Organizing meeting on 2005/03/31 for Cancun 2006 {Deborah Hammond}
Posted by: daviding (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2005 10:41PM

Gordon Feller is arranging an organizing meeting on behalf of Debora Hammond for March 31, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. PT

Here's the contents of a note from Debora Hammond dated March 16:

----

Greetings,

I am looking forward to meeting with all of you soon. This message will address logistics; I'll follow up shortly with my thoughts on the agenda for the meeting. In addition, I plan to contact each of you individually over the next couple of weeks, via e-mail and/or phone, in order to connect on a personal level and get a sense of your specific interests and goals for the meeting.

If you have any questions or suggestions with regard to the agenda, please contact me. For all other concerns, please contact Gordon ( mailto:gordonf20@comcast.net ).

I have attached a list of about 40 confirmed participants, along with five who will be joining us via phone (or possibly internet), and an additional ten maybes. For the sake of simplicity, I have listed only names, organizations, web sites, and e-mail addresses. We will distribute additional contact information at the meeting. Please let Gordon know if you would prefer not to distribute your phone numbers or mailing address.

The location for the meeting has been changed to Saybrook Institute: 747 Front Street at Broadway, two blocks from the Embarcadero. Tell the front door receptionist that you are coming for a meeting at Saybrook, which is on the 3rd floor.

Public transportation: Take BART or the Muni light rail (N-Judah) to the Embarcadero station and then walk 7 blocks to Front and Broadway.

There is a parking lot diagonally across the intersection from the Saybrook Building ($13) plus a number of other parking options within a block or two. Gordon suggested that you allow extra time to find parking in the Saybrook area.

For more specific directions, go to [www.mapquest.com] - include SF and zip: 94111

DINNER:

Currently, there are eleven of us who are planning to stay for a no-host dinner at Macarthur Park Restaurant, which is close by, at 607 Front St. -- Gordon and myself, Juanita Brown, Pille Bunnell, Ty Cashman, Debora Grace, Bob Horn, David Isaacs, Bec Kageyama, Jack Petranker, Michael Toms. Please let us know if you would like to join us.

Looking forward to working together with all of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2005 11:05PM by daviding.

2005/03/17 Thoughts for the meeting; specific goals {Debora Hammond}
Date: March 28, 2005 10:44PM

In a second note from Debora on March 17 was the following information:

----

As I prepare for this meeting, I would appreciate your thoughts on the following:

1) What do you hope to accomplish at the meeting?

2) What are your particular areas of interest? How would you like to be involved?

3) Are you interested in working on any of the following areas: Program (Plenaries; Keynotes/Evening Programs; Banquet); Local Program - highlighting local initiatives; Breakout Sessions (Special Integration Groups); Arts and Culture; Fundraising/Co-sponsors; Promotion/Outreach; Logistics/Local Arrangements; Other?

4) Other questions we need to ask ourselves?

Gordon has articulated some specific goals for the 2006 meeting, which might help frame our discussion:

1) Address needs of 300+ core ISSS participants (representing 15-20 countries)

2) Reach out and include new audiences, from business, government (local, regional, and national), media, NGO and philanthropic communities, as well as related academic fields.

3) Broaden traditional definitions and constructs.

4) Facilitate greater synthesis between current fields of "systems science" and other fields of knowledge (e.g. chaos theory, biological research on living systems, cognitive science, etc.).

5) Identify methods for broadening the reach, such as including a meaningful arts component in the program, putting on a series of small events in the SF Bay Area prior to the conference, and creating an interactive blog.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2005 11:05PM by daviding.

2005/03/29 Agenda for March 31 meeting {Debora Hammond}
Date: March 29, 2005 11:04PM

Greetings,

Here is the agenda for our meeting on Thursday. I'll be sending out a
separate message to those of you joining us by phone, with instructions
for calling in, along with some additional materials.

Debora

AGENDA
ISSS 50th Annual Conference: Planning Meeting
Saybrook Institute, San Francisco, CA
March 31, 2005
2:00-5:00 PM

2:00 - 2:30 Introductions & Background
2:30 - 3:15 Your Vision for the 2006 Conference?
3:15 - 3:30 BREAK
3:30 - 4:15 Feedback on Proposed Conference Framework?
4:15 - 4:30 How can you participate?
4:30 - 5:00 Next Steps: How can we sustain the energy & dialogue?
5:30 Dinner at MacArthur Park Restaurant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.