Systemics :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
"General discussion" on topics on the systems sciences 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
PhD Graduate Programs in Systems Theory?
Posted by: bjgreenberg (---.citadelgroup.com)
Date: May 05, 2006 02:24PM

I'm seriously looking to pursue a PhD in Systems Theory but I'm unsure where to start looking for a program. I was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions for me.

I hold a B.S. in Philosophy and Computer Science from ISU, a M.A. in Whole Systems Design from Antioch University, Seattle and I'd like to continue my learning of GST and its applications. I have a lot to offer to a university that would sponsor me in a program. I'm a part-time adjunct professor of philosophy at a community college in Chicago and have taught numerous courses in philosophy and computer science both in universities and for large corporations.

My professional background is in Information Systems & Technology and have consulted to many companies throughout the US, Japan and Mexico. I'm currently the Director of Systems Architecture, Backup Engineering & Operations at a financial institution in Chicago, IL.

My interests are in my continued education of General Systems Theory, Applications of GST, GST Education, Systems Dynamics Modeling and Urban Design.

If you have any ideas about people to talk to or universities to investigate, I’d appreciate any help you may have to offer.

Sincerely,
Brian J. Greenberg
bjgreenberg@gmail.com

Re: PhD Graduate Programs in Systems Theory?
Posted by: GASwanson (149.149.122.---)
Date: May 16, 2006 02:14PM

Brian, I have emailed several individuals about your inquiry. I will post replies as I get them. Here is one from Professor Matjaz Mulej, current President of the International Federation for Systems Resaerch. "I have a doctoral program in systems theory, but it is a European version: no classes, individual research and mentoring... It seems to be the same in Zagreb, Croatia, I was on defence committee earlier this year. I know also a case with prof. Kljajic, Faculty of Organizational Sciences in Kranj, University of Maribor."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.