2004 Meeting at Asilomar :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
The 48th Annual Meeting, July 4-9, 2004, at Asilomar, Pacific Grove, CA 
Wang "Strategic Triangle Model in Alliance Strategies"
Posted by: daviding (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: June 19, 2004 07:56AM

I had seen a 2002 presentation on the Strategic Triangle model, and am happy to K.C. back at ISSS again, with progress on his thinking.

I have to admit that I've usually thought of five elements theory as temporal, rather than cross-sectionally. Thus, I expect summer to follow spring, with feed-forward effects from prior seasons.

K.C. suggests that it might be desirable to find partners that complement the weaknesses in a particular organization. Given my understanding of entropy (i.e. the second law of thermodynamics), I wonder if this is the pursuit of a "free lunch". Are there no downsides from doing this?

As a biological example, the great world of trade now has Chile exporting excellent grapes in February, to Canada, where we're covered under snow, and would otherwise be eating root vegetables. I'm sufficiently familiar with Chinese medicine to understand the recommendation of a "change of season soup", to be consumed in late fall and late spring, to help our bodies adjust to the different climatic conditions. In doing so, I wonder if we Canadians should be eating grapes in February, and does this do something to our immune systems to weaken us.

In my systems thinking, I've often made the distinction between structure (as arrangement in space) and process (as arrangement in time). This paper somehow breaks down that distinction, and I'm trying to figure out if I'm comfortable with that, or note.

Subject Written By Posted
  SABI 2004: Business Systems -- Inside, Outside and Between daviding 06/13/2004 03:49PM
  Why Inside, Outside and Between? daviding 06/19/2004 06:53AM
  Parhankangas et al. "Negotiated Order in the Network Form Business" daviding 06/19/2004 07:06AM
  Carral & Kajanto "Industry Demand Analysis" daviding 06/19/2004 07:22AM
  Swanson: "Inter-Org Mediating Spaces, LST and Accountability" daviding 06/19/2004 07:42AM
  Wang "Strategic Triangle Model in Alliance Strategies" daviding 06/19/2004 07:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.